Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What an exhausting day.

What an exhausting day. (Although I am sure not quite exhausting as Barack's...) 5 classes. 12 hours of lectures straight with only brief breaks to eat meals and catch snipits of the inauguration. (Have I expressed how upset I am about having classes today and not being able to watch the inauguration?) Anyway...to continue the journey through the first day of classes...

Managerial Accounting
Professor: Michael MacDonald
Interesting professor. LOTS of energy. Almost talks to fast and intense to understand. The kind of professor where his hair jiggles when he talks cuz he is so overly expressive. Good teacher though. Seems to know what he's talking about and I think I'll like this branch of accounting better than my previous class. He was also quite funny talking about how the only thing anyone cared about today was what Michelle Obama was wearing to the inaugural ball. However, I was a bit confused about his attire. He was wearing a very nice navy sweater with dress pants and then black tennis shoes with red paint on them. What is that? I don't really understand.

Psychology of Personality
Professor: Carolyn Morgan
GREAT CLASS! I love it and I think it is going to be an amazing semester with this one. The professor wasn't quite what I expected but she's awesome. Today we spent most of the day taking personality assessments. Of course, with my very strange test anxiety, I didn't finish them on time so I have to do that tonite and turn it in on Thursday but it was fun. Can't wait!

World of Ideas
Professor: Dale Ritterbusch
I'm not gonna lie. This professor scared the crap out of me when he came in the room and started listing off all the reasons we were destined to fail the course. And then proceeded to talk about Russian War Weapons in great detail for no reason known to me. And this man is old and very difficult to understand. The kind where he whistles when he says his s's. Kinda like that character from Whinnie and the Pooh. However, at the end of class he explained that he is indeed a pretty lax grader and as long as you participate you will pass. So I'm not uber worried about it.

I am currently watching the Inaugural Ball and am bawling my eyes out. Beyonce was astounding singing At Last while Barack and Michelle danced their first dance as the presidential couple. It was amazing and beautiful and I cried like a freakin baby. They are so super in love. It is amusing watching them TRY to dance though. lol. It was also an amazing sight to see Beyonce and Alicia Keys (two of my major idols) singing together on stage. Beautiful.

I need to watch American Idol and go to bed now. I'm exhausted.
NITE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment