Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WHAT A BIG DAY!!!


Wow...What a big day! To be able to tell my grandchildren one day that I saw the first Black President take his oath at the biggest inauguration of history is such an exciting thing! As I sit and watch the coverage of the ceremony and the parade and the luncheon and every other little task he has assigned for the day, I can't help but wonder how he must be feeling right now...Is he excited? Overwhelmed? Scared? Nervous? Terrified? Think what the hell have I gotten myself into? Exhausted? Its just so exciting! I really wish I could be in Washington DC this week. But I wish more that I could have stayed in my room and watch the whole thing on TV today. Luckily, I am taping it on my new VCR so I can watch it tonite after class.


Which brings me to my next point...


I have officially started classes for the spring semester! 2 down, 3 to go! And I must say it has been a pretty good day thus far. I woke up at 7 (Yes, I really did) and went to have breakfast at the terrific Schaffer Commons in the UC. When arriving there, I found some good friends/staff members and was able to eat with them. Which is really nice. We set up times to eat together every Tuesday and Thursday morning! I had a DELICIOUS cheesy omelette, some super crispy bacon *yum*, and some potatoes. Amazing! Then I was off to class!

So far I have had Psychology of Learning and Conditioning and Macroeconomics. Both seem like they will be fine. Here is the low down.


Pych of L&C

Professor: Dr. Eileen Knight

I had her for Individual and Society last year and she actually remembered me and was excited to see me. Which is always good. Having a professor know you individually and know your name is very key in college (or any school for that matter). This way, you are more likely to be swayed to a better grade if on the fence. I think I will really like this class. I enjoyed her in my last class and her exams are a good fit for me.


MacroEcon

Professor: Benjamin Artz (not sure if he is a doctor or not?)

This professor, I shit you not, looks like he is 15 years old. Very weird. Not used to seeing young professors. He looked like he was going to a 6th grade dance with his blue striped button-up shirt, khaki pants, and brown sketchers. He is funny though, almost in a pompous, cocky way. I'm not sure if I will like him or not. I was frightened when I saw in Bold letters ont the syllabus: EXTRA CREDIT WILL NOT BE OFFERED IN THIS COURSE. DO NOT ASK. This is the only reason I received an A- in my last Econ class. Econ. Not quite the course of preference for me. However, he does curve all exams, drops the lowest grade exam, and he seems to know much more what he is talking about and makes things much easier to understand (by comparing them to things going on right now in our society) than my last econ professor. So I'm hoping for the best.


I can tell that I am starting to get into the upper level classes with all of the No extra credit's, take notes how you feel cuz we aren't taking them for you's, and if you don't come to class that's your choice but good luck with that's. But at least I'm starting to be able to take classes I'm interested in.


Now I'm on lunch break and then I have Managerial Accounting (ew) and Psychology of Personality (CAN'T WAIT!). Then dinner (pasta at Tomato Head Red's...YUM!). And finally, World of Ideas.


Fortunately, our staff meeting got cancelled tonite so I can come back, watch all the shows I taped today, do whatever homework I may have (none yet) and hit the hay. Kindof an exhausting day!


Well, I'm off to the rest of my classes!

Wish me luck!

Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the detailed update! You must know that I am overwhelmed with emotion at all of the day's events! Good luck with the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete