Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Starting off the New Semester right!


I have had a good couple first days of the semester. I have had good experiences in my classes. I have set up my 1:1's with my bosses for the whole semester. I have gone and gotten the checkbook signed over for NRHH. I have gotten a group of friends to go to breakfast with at the Delicious Schaffer Commons twice a week. I have gotten a group of friends to go to fitness classes with a few times a week. And it is all good.

There are statistics that say people who eat a good, healthy breakfast are less likely to overeat the rest of the day. And women who eat eggs for breakfast are much less likely to overeat during the rest of the day, cuz they are high in protein and keep you full. And with the delicious omelet bar at the UC, I'm doing good.

I also had the workout of my life today and I am already feeling the soreness. I did a 15 minute Intense Core Complete workout class and then did an hour-long (really only needed to be 1/2 hour, honestly) Power Step class, which included basic step along with intervals of wait lifting and other exercises, all to great music and an enthusiastic trainer of course!

I've also been getting to bed MUCH earlier (around 10 or 11) and getting up WAY earlier (about 7 or 8) which feels nice. For some reason, I feel like I'm accomplishing something by doing this?

All in all, I must say that I am feeling so good right now. And I am here to tell you that by really taking the time to take care of yourself, it really changes your every day life. By getting appropriate sleep, eating and drinking well, exercising regularly, taking my medicine when I am supposed to, taking care of my skin, cleaning my room twice a day, making my bed everyday, and surrounding myself with good friends that make me feel good, I am feeling fantastic!! It is true what they say, in order to do anything in life, you must start by taking care of yourself. I highly recommend everyone taking a look at themselves and their lives and asking themselves if they take care of themselves and put themselves first. It will truly make a difference.

That is all I have to say for now!
Nite!

2 comments: