Thursday, September 10, 2009

Are you kidding me???


I am flabbergasted! Disgusted really. Ellen Degeneres as the new 4th judge on American Idol??? You have got to be kidding me!! I seriously thought this was a joke when I heard it.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't mind Ellen at all and mostly find her quite amusing, but what the hell does she know about singing? Plus, she is going to steal the show. She will overshadow every contestant, every judge (yes, even simon), and Ryan. I really doubt she will be able to tone down her antics in hopes for placing attention where it should be, the contestants.

I'm not gonna lie, American Idol is genious to have chosen someone America adores, especially since the average American doesn't really understand anything about the sneaky antics of the show, let alone understand real talent. I'm sure this will rise their viewers incredibly. Everyone will tune in just to see the beloved Degeneres whether they give a shit about singing and talent or not. Everyone I have talked to is "so excited!!" that she will be there for "comic relief" but that's not what the show is about. I just feel like she is too big of a leading lady and strong character to sit back and be part of an ensemb. If she is able to tone it down a bit, I will be happy she is there because I too enjoy her. I just don't see that happening.

1 comment:

  1. Shut the front door! I hadn't heard that yet... woza. Well, Fox is certainly playing a good hand, but I agree with you, she's too big to co-chair anything, let alone judge the world's biggest singing competition. She's huge. She's - Ellen! Huh. Well, they could put Big Bird in there and I'd still watch it, I'm a huge fan. Huh!

    Blessings,
    C~

    ReplyDelete