Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm in the Newspaper!!

That's right!! I'm on the front page of Kicks! A priceless pic of Kyle and I, Kyle (Nick), making a joke, and me frustrated as all hell. I'm making the infamous "mad" Lexi face. Too funny!

I was going to add the link here but you can't see it online. It is a "print only" article. I'll type what the article says here:

Under the pic it says:

" Frustration shows on the face of Pam (Lexi Pankow) as she and her husband, Nick (Kyle Elsbernd), discuss troubles with having a baby in the musical comedy 'Baby' by Theatre Unlimited."

Then the article says:

"Janesville - Conventional wisdom says children are always a blessing.

Of course, conventional wisdom doesn't have any children.

For two weekends in August, Theatre Unlimited will consider the comic terrors and complicated emotions in the lives of potential parents in "Baby," a musical comedy.

"It's a musical comedy that's very touching," said Cheryl Schneider, show director. "It's about three different couples at three different times in their lives who discover they're pregnant."

Or rather, the female member of the couple is pregnant.

Liz and Danny are college students who just moved in together. Pam and her husband, Nick, have had trouble conceiving. And Arlene and Alan are empty nesters who find themselves considering the prospect of a new child.

Every character suffers from different anxieties.

"Liz is free-spirited and doesn't want to get married; Danny does," Schneider said. "Arlene was looking forward to her and her husband being 'two' again. Her husband is afraid of being 'two' again."

This is the first time Schneider has directed a Theatre Unlimited production, but she's been in several shows, including "Is There Life After High School," "Sound of Music" and "South Pacific."

"It's been interesting," Schneider said. "Whenever I've been in a show, I've always thought to myself, 'I think that person should be doing it this way or that way.'"

Still, she was anxious about her first directing job.

"The good thing is that this show includes a lot of director's notes," Schneider said. "And I have wonderful actors. I couldn't ask for better actors."

An engaged couple, Megan Albert and Brian Doering, play Liz and Danny. They just finished playing Cinderella and Prince Charming in Spotlight on Kids' production of "Cinderella."

"They work so wonderfully together," Schneider said.

Seasoned local actors Ron Brown and Stacy McNall will play the older couple, and Lexi Pankow and Kyle Elsbernd portray the third couple.

Elsbernd has worked with high school plays and has been in other local productions. Pankow, a UW-Whitewater student, was most recently seen in "Working" in spring at the Janesville Performing Arts Center."


There is also a pic of Brian and Megan (Danny and Lizzie) and the caption says:

"Danny (Brian Doering) sings a love song, 'I Chose Right,' to Lizzie (Megan Albert) during a rehearsal of the Theatre Unlimited's musical comedy, 'Baby.'"



This is so exciting. I mean I've been in the paper plenty of times but it has been quite a while. I think this is my first time as an adult. I'm not overly enthused about my face in the pic but it's cool.

Again, the article and my pic is right on the front page of kicks for Thursday Aug 6 and the other half of the article and Megan and Brian's pic is continued on page 5C of Kicks. If you get a print copy of the paper take a look!!

Also, if you would like a bit of a "sneak peek" at the show. Cheryl, our director, has asked Kyle and I to come do a scene together at "JPAC your lunch" next Wednesday at noon at JPAC!

That is all for now.

P.S. 8 days till my birthday!!!!!!! (and opening night of the show:D)

No comments:

Post a Comment