Thursday, July 30, 2009

OOWWW!!

My abs hurt bad. Lets just say I got a pretty decent ab workout at rehearsal last night. :/

So for those of you who don't know, in my musical "Baby" I play Pam, a 30-year-old tom-boy gym teacher who wants more than anything to proove her femininity by having a baby. (Could they choose a more opposite character for me? I think not. lol)

Anyway, so Pam and her husband Nick are trying very hard to have a baby. They are doing everything by the book, as the Doctor says. Now you may be familiar with the Roseanne episode where Roseanne is trying to have a baby and she is laying on the bed with her legs up in the air.





This is me for over half the show. Now as if it isn't difficult enough to hold your legs in the air for over an hour, try adding singing two of the most difficult songs in the show on top of that, in that position. Its more difficult than it looks to use your lower abs to hold your legs up and your upper abs/diaphram to sing at the same time. Man is it a good work out though. Which god knows I need, especially since I will be seen in lingerie in this show. Eeks!

As a bit of a spoiler here is a youtube video of another company doing one of these scenes. Its great!! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment