Saturday, July 25, 2009

Girl Scouts!



Today, I had the great opportunity to assist in an acting workshop for a group of girl scouts, grades 4-6, from the surrounding areas. I did this with my life-long mentor/director/friend Edie Baran (The creator and founder of Spotlight on Kids). It was a lot of fun and taught me a lot. I'm always amazed by kids this age. They're always so much smarter, more clever, and more creative than you expect them to be. They all had a lot of fun and were very excited. I'm hoping to be able to do a lot more stuff like this with Edie in the future. Next up, the Murder Mystery Dinner!!
Edie also told me that she believes I have the makings and potential to be a great teacher and that I should think about opening my own Arts Business. I've always said I dislike children, but it has got me thinking. I do love performance arts and business. This is something I will think more about. Edie also was caught saying throughout the day "Maybe I just need to start another Children's Theatre". The most amazing thing ever would be if we could do this together! Maybe I'll work on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment