Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh. My. G.

Oh my G. I was just visiting David Lundholm's new website. He is someone I used to work with at Six Flags Great America and he has recently gone freelance. Anyway, I was on his site, and stumbled upon these videos.

The first is his compilations of Night-Time Parades that he created costumes for. The beginning of the video is the nighttime parade of my last year at Six Flags. In the video, I am playing Petunia Pig.

The second is of one of their Fright Fest shows, Dead Man's Party. I was not in this particular show but it was very very similar to a show I was in my last year at Six Flags, Welcome to My Nightmare, and has a lot of the same songs.

I'm not able to save the and upload the videos onto here without paying $30 but they are located at davidlundholm.com.

Watching these videos made my heart thump and ache! I NEED to be back there. I need to be back in my element! I miss it so badly. My two years at Six Flags were the best two summers of my life! I miss Illinois and I miss performing professionally. This gives me more driving motivation to lose the weight, graduate, and get back down to Chicago and live my life as a performer.

I had an "a-ha!" moment, as Oprah would put it, a couple weeks ago. It was before I got my financial aid check and was really struggling and scrapped for cash. Out of nowhere I thought to myself "I can do this. If being a performer means living paycheck-to-paycheck and having to budget meticulously just to pay my rent, I can do this. I would rather perform and struggle financially, than have the best, most prestigious corporate position in the world." That is how you know I am meant to be a performer.

2 comments:

  1. It is better to be happy than rich :-) I really enjoyed the time we all spent during gmas memorial...hopefuly we will be able to hang more soon

    Love ya
    your cuz Justin

    Erica really likes you and your family :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed that time too! Erica and I were talking about hanging out over summer break since she'll be home. It'll be nice once you're home too. I'm happy you're having a good time on your adventure though!

    Love you too!
    Lex

    ReplyDelete