Monday, December 29, 2008

SSooo.....

So...here's my first entry. I'm not super poetic and a great writer like my aunt Rhonda, and I'm not super clever and creative like my mom Amy, but I'll do my best. I'll try to keep it real and down-to-earth without trying too hard to impress.

I guess what you all should know about me is that I am a junior at the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater where I am a Business Major with a double-minor in Spanish and Psychology. I would not say I am your average sit-around-and-get-drunk-all-the-time-and-only-go-to-class-when-I-feel-like-it student. A matter of fact, this past semester I got a 3.802 GPA (which I'm pretty proud of) and am heavily involved all over campus. I am currently the president of the National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH), which is an organization for the top 1% of student leaders on campus. However, I won't bore you with all the rest of the organizations I'm in because with all of the acronyms I would just confuse you, but without them I would not be the person I am today.

On top of class and my abundance of organizations, I have three jobs.

I am a Resident Assistant in my Residence Hall (also known as a Dorm :D) in which I plan activities and enforce policies on my floor which causes for cleaning up puke in the hallway on "Thirsty Thursdays" and getting random wake up calls at 4am to let people in who have locked themselves out of their rooms.

I also work at the new UW-W Small Business Development Center office in Janesville. Basically we offer business counseling for those who would like to start their own businesses. A nice gesture, we hope, with the GM plant closing this past week.

Lastly, but definitely most importantly, I co-own/manage my own small business along with the rest of my family. We are called 4-Ever Flowers and we travel all over the US selling wooden roses, which are simply amazing. See link here: foureverflowers.com or http://4-everflowers.blogspot.com/ .

Despite all this, though, my true passion is singing and performing. I have performed my whole life, even semi-professionally. I did three runs of shows at the Fireside Dinner Theater in Fort Atkinson, WI and worked two years at Six Flags Great America in Chicago, IL as a singer/dancer in their stage shows and parades. Most people laugh or give me weird looks when I tell them I will be a famous singer one day, but I have always known it to be true.

So, there you have it. A little about me. This blog shall share the ins and outs of the true college experience as well as a bit of dabbling in the performance side as well. So if this sounds interesting to you I am very welcome to friends sharing my journey!

Off to bed now!
Chow!

1 comment: